Changing the Practice and Perception of Psychiatry
Join your colleagues from across the U.S. and over 50 other countries for the psychiatry event of the year!
The dynamic nature of mental health means you need to stay on top of advances to better serve your patients. What better way to do this than to learn from the world’s largest and longest-serving psychiatric organization? The voice and conscience of modern psychiatry, the American Psychiatric Association currently represents 36,000 psychiatrists globally. Our member physicians work together to ensure humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental disorders.
Attend this year’s 167th Annual Meeting in New York City, the cultural capital of the world, to get insight into the tools and in-depth knowledge you need to improve your patient care. The APA Annual Meeting was established in 1844. With over 150 years of success, it remains the premier gathering in psychiatry today because it delivers maximum value. The Scientific Program will feature a variety of innovative sessions and inspiring Courses with tracks focusing on changing the practice and perception of psychiatry. The Annual Meeting is not just a meeting, it is a complete experience of continual growth engaging you to learn from renowned experts, earn credits, build peer relationships, discover ground-breaking technology, and understand new therapies and treatment options.
You won’t want to miss these other exciting events at the Meeting!
- Opening Session followed by a Special Dialogue on Science, Psychiatry and Media between Dr. Jeffrey A. Lieberman, Dr. Eric R. Kandel, and Mr. Alan Alda
- Convocation of Distinguished Fellows
- APP Bookstore
- Mind Games
- Career Fair
- Exhibits Publisher’s Book Fair
- Publisher’s Book Fair
Who Should Attend?
Over five days those who will shape the future of psychiatry will come together under one roof.
The Annual Meeting is designed for all mental health professionals and advocates including practicing, administrative, and consultative psychiatrists, researcher and educators of psychiatry, residents, and students. Whether you work in a private hospital, state mental health facility, or private practice APA’s Annual Meeting has something to offer you.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Attend
*The APA designates this live activity, the 167th Annual Meeting, for a maximum of 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Earn your annual state licensure CME credit at one meeting.
- Discover cutting-edge science and new therapies.
- Learn from renowned thought leaders in the areas of health policy and ethics.
- Reconnect with your peers and expand your professional network.
- Explore the exhibit hall for innovative treatment options and new technologies.